LARRY STEVEN LONDRE
Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC
6000 South Para Way
Los Angeles, CA 90094-0001
Senior Marketing & Advertising Consultant, Marketing Analyst, Problem Solver
Marketing, Advertising & Business Expert Witness
Senior Marketing, Advertising & Business Strategies’ Adjunct Professor, Senior Lecturer, Presenter
Multi-faceted senior Marketing executive and analyst with expertise in creating, applying and delivering Marketing, advertising, media, business development, sales, brand integrity, collateral programs, and expert witnessing. Introduced campaigns that translated strategic marketing plans into tactical sales actions that drove revenue growth, expanded market penetration, partner growth, achieved dominant market share, maximized brand equity and capitalized on market opportunities.
Recognized strengths in establishing and maintaining executive-level client and strategic partner/alliance relationships.
Strong conceptual/analytical skills, ability to identify new marketing opportunities and market segments. Participative leader with excellent skills in cross-functional teambuilding, motivation, quality performance and productivity improvements.
MBA in Marketing (Dean’s List), University of Southern California
Active executive board member, treasurer, committee chair, board member and volunteer of the Advertising Club of Los Angeles from 1983 – present, which merged into ThinkLA. Plus active executive board officer, board member and chair in AIEF (Advertising Industry Emergency Fund) which evolved into Ad Relief.
Partial list of companies worked for and/or with:
- Grey Advertising-Worldwide/Grey Entertainment & Media
- City of Los Angeles
- State of California
- GE Capital
- University of Southern California (USC) – Marshall (undergrad and graduate) and Annenberg Schools (undergraduate and graduate)
- Vons Grocery Company
- The Music Center of Los Angeles/Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles
- Bank of America
- Verizon/Bell Atlantic
- Disney (Walt Disney Productions)
- Alliance Environmental Group
- Beverly Hills Courier/San Marino Tribune/Herald Tribune
- Applause Toys
- Pepperdine University (five campuses–graduate Business School–MBA program)
- Ritter Pharmaceuticals/Lactagen
- Barr Engineering
- Dependable Supply Chain Services
- DHX–Dependable Hawaiian Express
- DGX–Dependable Global Express
- DAX–Dependable AirCargo Express
- Southern California Edison
- Sheraton Hotels and Resorts
- SPNB (Security Pacific National Bank)
- Beverly Hills Savings
- ICL Systems
- Rubicon VLS
- The Atrium Group
- ORC International
- NME (National Medical Enterprises)
- Dilbeck Realty
- California State University, Northridge (CSUN) – undergrad and graduate
Expert Witness cases have involved:
- Breach of contract, related to marketing, promotion and advertising
- Business practices
- Unfair competition
- Trade libel
- Unlawful, unfair, or fraudulent business activities/practices, related to marketing and advertising
- False advertising
- Franchises, franchisors and franchisees
- Trademark infringement
- Intellectual property
- Usage of models
- Advertising agencies
- Business code and professions code compliance and violations, related to marketing, promotional and advertising
- Trade secrets
- Client, agency business practices
- Unjust enrichment
- Misappropriation of likeness
- Unfair advertising
- Deceptive advertising
- Violations of Lanham Act
- Trademarks at issue
- Comparative advertising
- Comparative promotion
- Value of advertising and media campaigns
I have served as an expert witness and have been designated as an expert witness involving Marketing, Advertising, Trademark, Patent, Promotion, Breach of Contract, Unfair Competition, Custom and Practice, Lanham and Robinson-Patman Act Violations, and others.
Certified Forensic Litigation Consultant (CFLC)™ Forensic Professional (FEWA), July 2015; renewed on December 17, 2018 and valid through December 31, 2021.
I have been deposed, testified in court and arbitration: 47 times.
Litigation support, approximately 53% plaintiff and 47% defendant cases. Also provided pre-litigation analysis on pending litigations, both sides.
I have served as a consultant and/or expert witness for: California Department of Justice; State of Washington, Office of Attorney General; State of California, State Attorney General; Alameda County District Attorney; Monterey County District Attorney; Santa Cruz County District Attorney; Office of the San Diego City Attorney; Office of Los Angeles City Attorney; Alameda Corridor-East Construction Authority on behalf of the San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments; California Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
I have served as an expert or expert witness in over eighty-five matters throughout the US, including California, Arizona, New York, Nevada, Texas, Florida, Washington, North Carolina, South Carolina, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Kansas, and Utah, as well as before the American Arbitration Association and JAMS (Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services).
Additionally I have served in United States District Courts in the states of California, Florida, Minnesota, North Carolina, Texas, Utah, Pennsylvania, Kansas and Nevada
Cases also included contracts between partners, co-founders, directors, board of directors, sales people, sales forces, retail and suppliers of products to retail, management consultants, advertising agencies, clients, advertisers, suppliers, distributors, production firms and media.
Created and own the copyright for the Marketing concept, the Nine P’s/9 P’s ©2007 of Marketing.
Public Service Organizations/Not for Profit or Non-Profits served:
- Advertising Club of Los Angeles
- The Music Center of Los Angeles/Performing Arts Center of LA, plus its Education Division
- AdRelief, formerly known as Advertising Industry Emergency Fund (AIEF)
- Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD)
- California Special Olympics
- Partnership for a Drug Free America
- Town Hall
- L.A. Downtown Marketing Group
- LA Convention and Visitors Bureau (LACVB)
- Westwood Hills Property Owners (Homeowners) Association
- PH&L (Park Homes and Lofts) Homeowners Association
LONDRE MARKETING CONSULTANTS, LLC.
MARKETING, ADVERTISING & MEDIA EXPERT WITNESS SERVICES
Provide expertise in marketing campaign strategy, advertising, new business development, rollouts, collateral programs, expert witnessing, market penetration, Internet and web marketing, website development, and effectively identifying marketing opportunities for local, national and international business organizations.
Bring marketing, advertising and media consultants together to solve marketing problems and create opportunities.
Clients include and have included: GE Capital-ResCom (subsidiary of GE); University of Southern California (USC) - Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism; Alliance Environmental Group; Barr Engineering, Inc.; Getty Museum; DHX-Dependable Hawaiian Express; DAX-Dependable AirCargo Express; DGX-Dependable Global Express; Rubicon VLS; Datastream, Saturday Night Magazine; Shimahara Illustration; Shimahara Graphics; Ritter Pharmaceuticals/Lactagen; and others.
Marketing, Advertiser and Business Strategies Adjunct Professor/Senior Lecturer/Instructor/Presenter: Concurrently, for 40+ years, have taught and presented in the undergraduate and graduate programs at University of Southern California (Marshall School of Business and Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism); California State University Northridge (CSUN); Loyola Marymount University; Southwestern School of Law; Pepperdine University; UCLA; Northrup University; Loyola Marymount, Loyola Law School, UCLA School of Law and others.
MARKETING DIRECTOR, Special Markets and Strategic Partnerships
Created, orchestrated marketing programs, strengthened product positioning, improved marketing, established corporate partner/alliances, including the Telcos, planned strategies and promotional tactics. Built marketing team for special markets; hired, trained, mentored, and motivated team.
- Competitively positioned company in several market segments by increasing customer base by 40% through marketing partnerships with the Telcos, Verizon/Bell Atlantic, Quest/U S WEST, GTE, SBC/PacBell, and others.
- Instrumental in achieving a 43% increase in sales and more than 200 third-party programs by securing and managing a major sales program targeted to residential, multi-family dwellings, facilities, hospitality, and private offices.
- Benchmarked highly effective 25-piece collateral marketing and advertising program for MSOs and key accounts, including nine-part “right-of-entry” sales kit. Designed and implemented simplification program for new dealers.
- Dramatically increased private office acquisitions by 321% and multiple dwelling units by 8.7%.
- Teamed with advertising firms to create television, radio, print and online media marketing campaigns.
- Created and received with marketing partner, Bell Atlantic Video Service (Telco) “Stellar Year” award recognition/special standout performance /custom-designed promotion, Special Markets (1999)
- Executed innovative trade show and co-op marketing programs with 80 different partners and alliances.
- Acknowledged as “Partner of the Year” from Private Cable and Wireless Cable Magazine (1999).
The Music Center / The Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles
Music Center of Los Angeles - Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Mark Taper Forum, Ahmanson Theatre, Education Division and Music Center Endowment
VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Award-winning leadership of marketing, promotion, public relations, advertising, fundraising, special events, community access programs, direct mail and collateral materials.
- Moved organization from passive reactive model to proactive marketing model by changing corporate vision which resulted in motivating executive team and staff. Named and changed Public Affairs department to Music Center’s Marketing & Communications department.
- Important gains achieved, increasing annual fundraising by 7.3% and retail store sales by 450%.
- Innovative team creation, marketing and promotional support and execution of LA Alive!, Dorothy Chandler Awards, Spotlight, KABC/Music Center Broadcast Celebrating 25th Anniversary, Viva L.A. Hope Street Festival to celebrate Mexican Independence Day, Viva Las Artistas and TGIF Concert Series and fundraising events.
- Promotional planning, fundraising planning, collateral, ground breaking press conferences for Walt Disney Hall.
- Maximized presence of Education Division’s live arts programs, developing all aspects of program for heightened appeal and attraction to 1.2 million students throughout Southern California.
- Developed the promotional fundraising campaign for the Music Center’s Endowment Campaign for the 21st Century.
Included creating, planning, producing special events for 25th Anniversary celebration, including presentation featuring Rose Parade float, with First Interstate; Historical Founders Luncheon; KABC all-day radio remote; Blue Ribbon Children’s Holiday Festival; 25 Alive! The Ford Music Center Festival; the special edition Los Angeles Times Magazine “Encore” on 9/10/1989; The 25th Anniversary Weekend; The PBS/KCET TV Show and celebration; The Music Center Birthday Party; 25th Anniversary video presentation with Charlton Heston.
Won eight PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) and Publicity Club Awards including “Best Southern California Program,” 1991 and 1992.
Grey Advertising-Worldwide/Grey Entertainment & Media
Internationally Recognized Advertising Agency
SVP, VICE PRESIDENT-MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR
VICE PRESIDENT, ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR, SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, A. E.
Aggressive leadership with broad-based marketing responsibilities for national, regional and local entertainment, retail, and public service accounts. Fast track promotions of increasing responsibility to VP-Management Supervisor. Hand-picked to plan and execute multimedia marketing programs.
- Increased four-year market share from 11.9% to 17.3% by creating and designing marketing and store opening campaigns for Vons Grocery Co. in California and Nevada. Spearheaded 73 televisions spots plus expansion into new, out-of-state markets. Created a hundred radio promotions, multiple markets.
- Maximized exposure of Bank of America, Warner Bros., Showtime Cable Network and RKO Video/Pictures by designing national and regional advertising and promotions programs/campaigns.
- Earned reputation for top-notch design of marketing and media promotions for ABC Television Network.
- Developed marketing and advertising planning. Implemented creative marketing programs with vision and strategy for expansion of existing and new services for Southern California Edison.
- Achieved record-breaking fundraising dollars and involvement of highly public figures by developing high-quality public service advertising and event marketing for the California Special Olympics.
Walt Disney Productions/Disney
MARKETING MANAGER - MOTION PICTURES
Aggressive marketing leadership with broad-based marketing, advertising and media responsibilities for national, regional and local assignments.
- Developed marketing and advertising planning, worked on national releases for “Mary Poppins,” (with 100 stations in national and local radio promotions), “The Fox and the Hound,” “The Devil and Max Devlin”and others. EPCOT planning.
Abert, Newhoff and Burr
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
National, regional and local multimedia accounts at nationally recognized advertising agency.
- Designed and created marketing and advertising program for 14 Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, surpassing all existing sales figures on hotel occupancy and won the 1985 “Agency of the Year” award from ITT Sheraton.
- Designed and created advertising programs for Beverly Hills Savings, National Medical Enterprises (19 hospitals and an HMO), RKO Video/Pictures.
- Created and developed award winning “There’s Nothing Cool About Fireworks” anti-fireworks program for the Los Angeles Fire Department, which contributes to saving approximately $30 million in property damage. Won Belding, Clio, California League of Cities, and other awards. Continued participation with the Fire Department program for 14 years, through 1998.
Security Pacific Bank
Responsible for creating, implementing and executing regional and community marketing, plus promotional, new business development programs, including “Unique Package of Services,” “Lifestyle Sweepstakes,” “How to Balance Your Checkbook,” “Oldest Personal Check Contest,” “Santa Ynez Bicycle Safety Rodeos” in Camarillo and Solvang, auto and boat promotions, plus other bank services. Won bank’s best Regional Marketing Campaign, 1974.
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE
SENIOR LECTURER, INSTRUCTOR, SPEAKER, PRESENTER, LECTURER, ADJUNCT FACULTY PROFESSOR
For past 40 years, taught and presented on many subjects including Marketing Management; Business Strategies Development, Execution and Implementation; Global Strategies; Business Strategies for Entertainment and Communication Companies; Advertising; Promotion; Integrated Marketing (IMC) and others in the graduate and undergraduate programs at the following schools and/or departments:
- University of Southern California (includes Marshall School of Business (undergraduate and graduate), Marshall » Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, Gould School of Law)
- Pepperdine University’s MBA program (final, capstone classes in the MBA program; Seaver Center for Communication and Business, including Advertising, COMM 590 and Senior Seminar in Communication
- USC Gould Law School
- Loyola Law School
- UCLA School of Law
- Southwestern School of Law
- Loyola Marymount University (graduate)
- Advertising Center
- CSUN, California State University, Northridge (David Nazarian College of Business and Economics)
- West Los Angeles College
- Northrup University
- Cerritos College
- MBAM 659 and MBAM 660: Business Strategies Development, Execution and Implementation (Final, capstone classes in the MBA program at Pepperdine)
- MBFE 658: Strategic Marketing
- GSBA 528: Marketing Management
- MKT 653: Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC)
- MBAM 619A and 619B: Business Strategies and Implementation
- COMM 542: Business Strategies for Entertainment and Communication Companies
- COMM 541: Integrated Media and Communication Strategies
- GSBA 528: Marketing Management
- MKT 440: Integrated Marketing Communications
- JOUR 340: Introduction to Advertising
- BUS 307: Marketing Management
- MKT 304: Marketing Management
- MKT 100: Conceptual Foundations of American Enterprise
- COMM 599: Global Communication
- Pepperdine University, Seaver Center for Communication and Business, including Advertising, Com 590: Senior Seminar in Communication
- USC Marshall » Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies program, and Marshall School of Business
- West Los Angeles College
- USC Gould School of Law
- UCLA School of Law
- Southwestern School of Law
- Loyola Law School
- UCLA School of Television, Film and Digital Media, “Trends in Television and Emergence of Multiplatform Media” and “Television & New Media: Business and Legal Issues”
- California State University, Northridge (CSUN), College of Business and Economics (graduate and undergraduate); American Marketing Association chapter—numerous times
- Woodbury University, School of Media, Culture & Design
- California Lutheran University/CLU
- Orange Coast College
- Advertising Center
- University of Texas-Dallas, Advanced Business Communication (BCOM 4350)
- USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences, “Principles of Consumer Psychology,” in the Master’s Human Behavior program
- FEWA (Forensic Expert Witness Association)
- Growth Consultants & Leading Grow Wise Forums/STAR Business Consulting, Inc. Top Line Revenue Group
- “What is Marketing? Advertising? Let’s Zoom with the 9P’s of Marketing: Branding, “People”-Targeting, e-Commerce, Buying Behaviors, Promotion, With Global Experiences and the Nine P’s of Marketing” presentation at Advertising and eCommerce Law, the Advertising Law Class 4065/E1, Loyola Law School, September 2020
- “Be Better, More Marketable: Communications, Presentations, Jobs, Interviews. Your Brand and Your Resume,” at the BCOM 4350 Advanced Business Communication class, University of Texas, Dallas, September/October 2020
- “With the 9P’s of Marketing (2007), Global & US Experiences, Londre’s Insightful Gems into the Real World of MMA/Marketing. Media. Advertising” presentation at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, Communication Division, the 375.02 Advertising and Advertising Media class, September, 2020
- “Londre’s Insights into the Real World of Marketing. Zooming with the 9P’s of Marketing, Targeting (“People”) Ads & Media. Global and US Experiences with the Nine P’s of Marketing” presentation at MRKT 342 Media Marketing, School of Business, Woodbury University, September, 2020
- “Presenting Super Bowl LIV TV Spots. Show and Tell. Evaluating the Spots: The Good, Bad, Ugly and Strange Ones,” at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, Communication Division, both Capstone Advertising and Advertising Media classes, February 2020
- “Involving You, UCLA. What is Marketing? Advertising? Branding? Promotion? With “People,” Potential Purchasers, Targeting, Consumer Behavior, Global Experiences & Careers” presentation at Marketing Principles & Practices class (UCLA Extension), January 2020
- Judge, participant in jury review for Woodbury University’s School of Media, Culture & Design, Department of Graphic Design, GDES 450-Professional Practice, December 2019
- Judge, Woodbury University’s School of Media, Culture & Design, Department of Graphic Design, GDES 492: Senior Showcase, Degree Project, Professional Practice, November 2019
- “Ever Wondered Why Some Brands Are More Successful Than Others? Options & Solutions. What Is Marketing? Promotion and Advertising? Global Experiences and the 9P’s of Marketing” presentation at MRKT 342 Media Marketing, School of Business, Woodbury University, October 2019
- “With the Nine P’s of Marketing, Branding, “People”–Targeting, e-Commerce, Behavior, Promotion–“What is Marketing? Advertising?” With Global Experiences and 9P’s of Marketing” presentation at Advertising and e-Commerce Law, the Advertising Law Class 4065/E1, Loyola Law School, October 2019
- “The 9P’s of Marketing, Branding, Promotion & Advertising. Londre’s Insights & Observations into the Real World. Global Experiences and the 9P’s of Marketing” presentation at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, Communication Division, the Advertising and Advertising Media class, September 2019
- “What is Marketing? Advertising? With 9P’s “People” – Targeting, Promotion, Media, Ads, Branding, e-Commerce, Behavior,” UCLA, FTV291C – TV & New Media: Business & Legal Issues, the Business & Legal Framework for TV, Multi-platform Media & Digital Content, April 2019
- “Londre’s Super Bowl LIII Ads Show & Tell, with the Nine P’s of Marketing, eight (8) elements of Promotion” presentation at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, Communication Division, both Capstone Advertising and Advertising Media classes, February 4 and 6, 2019
- “Is a Super Bowl TV Spot Worth $176,666 a Second? Options. What is Marketing? With 9P’s of Marketing, Targeting – “People,” Branding, Consumer Behavior, Promotion, Advertising, Global Experiences & Careers” presentation at Marketing Principles & Practices class (UCLA Extension), February 2019
- Judge, participant in jury review for Woodbury University’s School of Media, Culture & Design, Department of Graphic Design, GDES 450-Professional Practice, November 2018
- “Londre’s Insights & Observations in the Real World of Marketing’s 9P’s, Branding, Promotion & Advertising” presentation at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, Communication Division, the Capstone Advertising and Advertising Media class, October 2018
- “Adding Branding, Papa Johns, Bird/Lime, Facebook, Consumer Behavior, Targeting – “People & More to my What is Marketing? Promotion? Advertising?“ presentation at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, Communication Division, the Advertising and Advertising Media class, September 2018
- “What is Marketing? What is Advertising? With the Nine P’s of Marketing, Targeting – “People,” Branding, e-Commerce, Consumer Behavior, Promotion & Global Experiences/Examples” presentation at Advertising and e-Commerce Law, the Advertising Law Class 4065/E1 (Loyola Law School), August 2018
- “What is Marketing? With 9P’s of Marketing, Targeting – “People,” Branding, Consumer Behavior, Promotion, Advertising, Global Experiences & Careers” presentation at Marketing Principles & Practices class (UCLA Extension), July 2018
- “About Career, Marketing, Jobs, Common/Street Sense, Advertising, Communication, Targeting, People & Nine P’s of Marketing,” presentation at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, Communication Division, the Capstone Advertising and Advertising Media class, April 2018
- Business Administration, Communication Division, the Capstone Advertising and Advertising Media class, April 2018
- “Is A Super Bowl Spot Worth $168,333 A Second? An Analysis of the Eight Components of Promotion and the 9P’s of Marketing,” presentation at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, Communication Division, the Capstone Advertising and Advertising Media/Integrated Marketing Communication classes, February 2018
- PVPAL Election Presentation, “Meet the Candidates: It’s About Interest, Transparency, Security, Safety and Financial Responsibility.” October 2017
- “Bring it on: Nine P’s of Marketing; Finding and Landing a Job plus Good Ads and Bad Ads” presentation at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, Communication Division, the Advertising and Advertising Media class, September 2017
- “Update, Manage and Promote Your Expert Witness Practice for Maximum Impact,” FEWA (Forensic Expert Witness Association) Panel and Educational Training, April 2017
- “Evaluating Super Bowl LI Advertising, Spots and Promotion: Good and Bad Spots. The Challenges, With the Nine P’s of Marketing.” presentation at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, Communication Division, the Advertising and Advertising Media classes, February 2017
- “Understanding Marketing’s Nine P’s. Branding. Promotion’s Eight Elements. Advertising. With Global Examples” presentation at Pepperdine’s Seaver College, Business Administration, October, 2016
- USC’s “Inspire. Network. Connect.” Alumni Leadership Conference and Workshop, as featured speaker and panelist with “Demystifying Communications” presentation, September, 2016
- “Super Bowl 2016. The Best and Worst Ads. With 9P’s of Marketing. What Worked and “It’s Only Creative If It Sells.” Pepperdine’s College of Business and their IMC class, plus Cerritos College’s Television Production class, February 2016
- “Your eVitamins: Educate, Encourage. Engage, Energize, With the Nine P’s of Marketing,” Pepperdine’s College of Business, 2015
- “For Experts or Potential Experts: Marketing is Bigger Than Just Advertising, With the Nine P’s of Marketing” at FEWA (Forensic Expert Witness Association) Annual Conference, Courses and Symposium, Expert Witness Marketing & Business Development Summit, April 2015
- “Courting, Cross Selling and Cross Promoting: Pumping up the Pipeline in the Expert Witness Community” at FEWA (Forensic Expert Witness Association) meeting and panel, November 2014
- “Confusion between Marketing & Advertising: What is Marketing? Advertising? Use of Media and Social Media. Plenty of Examples” UCLA’s graduate class, Television & New Media: Business and Legal Issues, 2014
- Presenter of “Practical Business Insights into Marketing. It’s more than just Advertising. Really, with the Nine P’s of Marketing” at the Westchester Rotary, October 2014
- “What You Don’t Know About Marketing & Advertising Can Burn You,” sponsored by the Business Law Society at Southwestern School of Law, 2014
- USC Gould School of Law Alumni Association Speaker Series “Confusion between Marketing & Advertising: What difference does it make to Judges and Lawyers?” Approved State Bar of California, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit, April, 2014
- “Planning. Nine P’s of Marketing. Research. Good Ads, Bad Ads, Creativity & Sales.” Pepperdine’s College of Business and their IMC class, January, 2014
- “What Clients Expect or What Clients Should Expect From Their Agencies and Partners,” 2013
- “Effective Targeting with the Nine P’s for a Great 2014,” for Growth Consultants & Leading Grow Wise Forums/STAR Business Consulting, Inc., Top Line Revenue Group, 2013
- “Getting an Interview. Landing a Job. Practical, Insightful, Timely Advice and Counsel,” for American Marketing Association (AMA), CSUN chapter, 2013
- “What is Marketing? What is Advertising? What is Promotion? What is Sales Promotion? With the Nine P’s of Marketing & More,” for UCLA School of Law, 2013
- American Marketing Association (AMA) chapter presentation: “Marketing, Branding, Promotion, Advertising, Push & Pull, Integrated Communication & Global Examples,” 2012
- “Cuba: Insights, Keys and Observations in its Marketing and Advertising,” 2012
- “Best Global Marketing Tips, Techniques & Tactics for Marketing Executives in 2011,” USC and Pepperdine, 2011
- “Global Marketing & Advertising, including Planning, Tips, Tactics and Best Practices,” 2011
- “Understanding Branding, Blending Push & Pull Strategies, with Integrated and Global Communication Examples,” 2011 and 2010
- “Understanding Branding, Blending Push & Pull Strategies, with Integrated and Global Communication Examples,” USC, Pepperdine and CSUN, 2011, 2010 and 2009
- “Effective & Efficient Marketing, Strategies & Promotions,” California Small Business Success Conferences, May 2007
- “Power Marketing & Advertising: Planning, Developing and Executing Global Strategies,” in Shanghai, China, 2004
- “Five Business Books that Made a Difference,” Ad Club of Los Angeles Development Roundtable, sponsored by Smart Money, 1997
- Program Presenter, Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) “Successful Strategies, Programs and Events for Non-Profits in the 90’s,” July 1990
- Non-Profits in the 90’s PIRATES (Public Service Directors) Presenter: “Where the Community Meets the Media: There’s Always Been a Part of Public Service in My Blood,” June 1990
Master of Business Administration - Marketing, University of Southern California, Los Angeles (Dean’s List) January, 1974
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Marketing, University of Southern California, Los Angeles (Dean’s List) May, 1971
USC Advanced Management Program, 1995
Claremont Graduate University’s Advanced Management Program, 1983
Community College Instructor Credential: Business and Industrial Management; Marketing and Distribution, Valid for life (No. 106750), issued March 28, 1974, by the board of the California Community Colleges
ONGOING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Facebook’s “Small Business Resource Guide” Webinar, September 2020
- “Rebooting the Entertainment Industry” sponsored by PwC & Ad Council: Breakthrough Marketing Elite Roundtable, September 2020
- “Business, Boycotts, and Social Media Influence,” ThinkLA, August 2020
- UCLA Anderson Economic Forecast and Outlook, Residential Real Estate, UCLA Anderson, June 2020
- Chapman University Economic Forecast Update, June 2020
- “Digital Advertising Virtual, Optimization, Programmatic Revenue, Mobile Apps, Media Quality and Podcast Revolution,” DigiAdvertising and World Forum Disrupt, June 2020
- “Marketing, Promoting and Pricing Your Products During the Pandemic,” Baker Hostetler, May 2020
- “Navigating the New Wave of TV Viewership, Viewership Trends and Key Insights,” ThinkLA, April, 2020
- “Oprah’s 2020 Vision: Your Life in Focus,” February 2020
- “Built to Scale: A Masterclass in What It Takes to Win in Entrepreneurship,” LMU MBA Alumni Association, LMU Fred Kiesner Center for Entrepreneurship and Berkeley Haas Alumni Association, February 2020
- UCLA Anderson Economic Forecast and Outlook, UCLA Anderson, December 2019
- “Challenges and Best Practices for Marketers in the Age of Privacy, Don’t Let Consumer Privacy Regulations Impact Your Marketing ROI,” American Marketing Association, October 2019
- “Economic Outlook, Commercial Real Estate in a Slowing Economy,” UCLA Economic Forecast at UCLA Anderson, June 2019
- “PVPAL (Playa Vista Parks and Landscape Corporation) Board Education Night & Vendor Expo, June 2019
- “Introduction to Ethical Presence Awareness for Expert Witnesses,” FEWA (Forensic Expert Witness Association), April 2019
- “USC Marshall Leadership Summit, Leading Business Transformations, Leading Lifestyle, Culture, Lyrics. Becoming a Leader,” March 2019
- “Technology and the Business of Entertainment,” Economic Forecast at UCLA Anderson, March 2019
- “One Thing to Change About Your Creative Process,” Hightail webinar, November 2018
- ThinkLA’s Advanced TV Seminar, April 2018
- “Blockchain: The New Technological Frontier,” USC Marshall Partners, April 2018
- “Trade, Taxes & Trump;” “Trump on Trade: US International Trade Regulations,” Economic Forecast at UCLA Anderson, March 2018
- 12th Annual USC Marshall Leadership Summit: Premium Brands/Family Legacy; Cyclical Business; Leading with Purpose; Leading a Disruption; Leading High Performers, March 2018
- “Genius of Mozart; Genius of Einstein; Artistic Genius of Michelangelo; Creativity Workshop: How “Aha!” Really Happens,” One Day University, February 2018
- ThinkLA’s Advanced TV Seminar, October 2017
- University Venturing & Angel Summit, USC Marshall and Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, Sixth Annual, with University of Southern California, UCLA Anderson, Cal State LA, LMU/LA, Pepperdine, California Lutheran, Chapman University, UCSB and UC Irvine, May 2017
- PMP’s (Property Management Professionals) HOA Board Member Training Seminar, featuring Legislative Updates, Case Law Review and Pending Legislation, May 2017
- “The Five P’s of Success (Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance): A View from the Bench and the Bar” (FEWA), March 2017
- Mobile Breakfast: Branding, Advertising, Content and Expo: Hosted by ThinkLA. Sponsored by Yahoo, March 2017
- “Association Obligations & Conflict Management, IDR-ADR/Nuisance Enforcement HOA Board Training,” January 2017
- “Building Your Online Presence; Trends & Tactics” at Digital Growth Summit, November 2016
- “Drones/UAV: Unnamed Aerial Vehicles,” TASA (CLE credit), October 2016
- “Legal Issues in Advertising/The Use of Cutting Edge Marketing and Advertising Techniques: How to Reduce Legal Risk,” ThinkLA (CLE credit), September 2016
- Digital Growth Summit/Digital Outreach/Best Practices, May 2016
- University Venturing & Angel Summit, USC Marshall and Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, Fifth Annual, with UCLA Anderson, LMU, Pepperdine, California Lutheran, Chapman University, UCSB, UC Irvine and USC, May 2016
- PMP’s (Property Management Professionals) HOA Board Member Training Seminar, featuring Legal, Annual Budgets and Reserve Studies, April 2016
- USC Global Conference, “Innovations for a Rapidly Changing World,” Shanghai, China, 2015
- “Effective Expert Witness Testimony in Arbitration (FEWA),” November 2015
- “Entertainment Matters: Brands and Branding in the Time of Clickbait,” USC Marshall Alumni Association program, September 2015
- Certified Forensic Litigation Consultant (CFLC)™, FEWA Professional, approved and granted, July 2015
- IAPP KnowledgeNet Los Angeles at Alston & Bird, “Thinking Outside the Cookie Jar, New Tools, Opportunities & Risks of Mobile Behavioral Tracking and Text Messaging (CLE credit), April 2015
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program: Educated about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trained in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization and disaster medical operations, graduated June 2015
- Southwestern Law School’s Donald E. Biederman Entertainment and Media Law Institute Online Privacy Conference (7 hours, CLE credits), 2015
- FEWA Annual Conference, Courses and Symposium, April 2015; April 2019
- USC Strategic Marketing Online Program, 2013
- The Changing Mobile Landscape, ThinkLA’s Mobile Marketing, Advertising Seminar, 2013
- Why Can’t They Just Answer The Darn Phone, by Automotive News, May 2013
- TEDxUSC: “A Journey Through Spheres of Influence” Conference, 2012
- Economic Impact of Early Childhood Education/Linchpin of L.A.’s Business Profitability and Global Competitiveness Conference by First5LA and UCLA Anderson, 2012
- Digital Business in Europe, Seminar by Edwards Wildman, 2012
- The Future is Mobile! ThinkLA’s Mobile Marketing, Advertising Seminar, 2012
- “Using Social Media to Obtain Bottom Line Business Results/ROI,” 865A Management, UCLA Extension Seminar/Workshop, 2012
- Video@USC Initiative II: Approaches to Fair Use; Teaching with Video: Copyright, Fair Use and Creative Opportunities, 2012
- Sonoma County Winegrape Commission’s Grape Camp, 2012
- Media Leader’s Social Media Bootcamp at LMU, 2012
- Online Behavioral Advertising: The US and EU Regulatory Regime, 2011
- TEDxUSC: “Actions Speak Louder!” Conference, 2011
- Media Leader’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn Bootcamp at LMU, 2011
- USC Teaching with Technology Conference: Collaborative Networks, 2010
- TEDxUSC: “Ideas Empowered” Conference, 2010
- USC Global Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, 2009
- USC Teaching with Technology Conference: The Power of the Edge, 2009
- Media Morphosis, Evolving Media, 2009
- USC Global Conference, Tokyo, Japan, 2007
- DIRECTV Certification, Basic DSS Installation, August 1997
- USC Asia Conference, Pacific Rim Executive Education Program, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2004
- USC Advanced Management Program, 1995
- USC Modern Marketing Program: New Practices for Changing Times, 1995
- Town Hall Executive Series, “Leaders Talking to Leaders,” 1989
- Claremont Graduate University’s Advanced Management Program, 1983
- The Institute of Advanced Advertising Studies, the American Association of Advertising Studies and the USC Program, with team report and presentation on a “Marketing Plan for Anytime Teller,” June 1975
- American Institute of Banking, The American Bankers Association, Certificate, 1971
ARTICLES and BLOGS PUBLISHED; AUTHORED MARKETING, ADVERTISING, CREATIVE, MEDIA ARTICLES
Authored Business Section (front page) articles for the Los Angeles Daily News, on www.dailynews.com and on www.csun.edu/busecon/. Plus articles published in Advertising Age on internships, in ADWEEK on creativity and slogans, Advertising Club of Los Angeles Official Publication, AdLA, and in FEWA Newsletter.
- Londre Marketing Blog, created and published in July, 2012–present
- Londre Marketing Blog with Brian Hemsworth, created and published in June, 2017–present
- “How to Create a Marketing Strategy,” 08/28/09
- Appeared multiple times on KABC radio, 1988-1992
- “Today’s ads can sneak up on you,” 01/13/09
- “Product Placement, a Big Part of Media,” 09/29/2009
- “Census is a Crucial Tool for Marketing,” 08/25/09
- “Precision Pays Off in Advertising Strategy”/ “This Space for Rent,” 07/21/09
- “Develop a Game Plan for Pricing Decisions,” 06/02/09
- “Mother’s Day a Triumph of Marketing,” 05/05/09
- “Super Bowl Ads: Were They Worth the Millions,” 02/02/09
- “Advertising Around the Globe Subject to Nip/Tuck/Enhance,” 01/13/09
- “Americans Still Count the Penny,” 11/11/08
- “2010 Census as a Marketing Resource,” October, 2009, FEWA Newsletter, a Professional Association of Consultants Providing Expert Services
- Creator, own the copyright for the Marketing concept, the Nine P’s/9 P’s ©2007, which augments the Marketing Mix and 4P’s by the American Marketing Association, Neil Borden and E. Jerome McCarthy)
- “Summer Internships,“ fifth in a series, Advertising Club of Los Angeles Official Publication, AdL.A.,1997
- “Need An Intern? Dial the Ad Club,” Advertising Club of Los Angeles Official Publication, AdL.A., 1989
- “Summer Interns: Pay Now, Reap Later,” Advertising Age, 08/1988
- “So You Think You Know Advertising,” ADWEEK, 02/11/85
- “Test Your Ad Sense,” ADWEEK, 06/11/84
- “Let the Londre Quiz Test Your Ad Sense,” ADWEEK, 09/12/1983
AWARDS AND ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
- “Polished Apple” Award Recipient (2008 and 2006), honoring commitment to students at California State University, Northridge (CSUN)
- University of Southern California, School of Journalism, Special Excellence Award for Outstanding Achievement in Support of School’s Academic Goals (April 1993)
- USC Parents’ Association Teaching and Mentoring Award (2006)
- City of Los Angeles Fire Department’s “Contribution to the Safety of Los Angeles” (1985)
- Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors “Salute to Larry S. Londre, for 25th Birthday Celebration of Music Center and Commitment to Performing Arts” (1989)
- Outstanding Citizen Award (1993), Los Angeles City Council (“There’s Nothing Cool About Fireworks”)
- Distinguished Professor, California State University, Northridge (1999)
- USC News, “Advertising Pyrotechnics” (June, 1995)
- Extraordinary Service Award, Wilshire Chamber of Commerce (1993)
- FEWA (Forensic Expert Witness Association) Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Service as a Speaker (2006, 2014, 2015, 2017)
- Awards for Best Community Program from Publicity Club of Los Angeles (1991 & 1992)
- Award from California League of Cities (1991)
- Belding Award, Advertising Club of Los Angeles (1990)
- PRSA Award (1990)
- Joseph Roos Community Service Award, PRSA, Public Relations Society of America (1990)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
- Member, LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce (2020 to present)
- Community Representative, Operations LAPD/LAFD-West Bureau’s Townhall (October 2019)
- Host, 2019 Trojan SCuppers mentoring event, celebrating USC’s traditions and transformation, part of USC Alumni Association (USCAA) and Society 52 (October 2019)
- Board Director/Executive Board Member/Secretary//Treasurer/Event Chair/Member – AD RELIEF, formerly AIEF (Advertising Industry Emergency Fund) (1975 - present)
- Volunteer, USC’s Healthy Minds Research (2010 to present)
- Class Leader/Committee Member/Co-Captain/Co-Chair, Loyola High School Class (LHS), Class of 1967: 45th Reunion Program (2012), including 150 Anniversary program (2015); 50th Reunion Committee (2017) (2011 - present)
- Chair, AD RELIEF/Advertising Industry Emergency Fund (AIEF) Movie Night Fundraiser, each year, (2006 - present)
- Volunteer, Alumni Day of SCervice Project at Hopkins Wilderness Park (March 2019)
- Board Member, FEWA Education Committee (March 2019 - present)
- Host, 2019 Trojan SCuppers mentoring event, celebrating USC’s traditions and transformation, part of USC Alumni Association (USCAA) and Society 52 (March 2019)
- Chair, “Safety First in Playa Vista and on Bluff Creek,” PVPAL’s Traffic Committee (January 2019 – Present); Dawn Suskin, Executive Director said in August 2019: “We are a better and stronger community because of residents like you.”
- Volunteer, Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, “Day of Service,” with Loyola High and ThinkLA, City of Commerce, CA (October 2018)
- Participant/Contributor, embRACE Los Angeles, a program and an initiative aimed at unifying Angelenos, empowering communities, citywide conversation about race and racism, changing inequities throughout L.A. (April 2018)
- Volunteer, USC School of Architecture Day of SCervice at A Place Called Home, a safe haven in South Central Los Angeles (March 2018)
- Judge, Mobius Awards, International/Global Advertising Competition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020)
- Judge, Gelato Festival America (Carpigiani Gelato University), Santa Barbara, CA (October 2017)
- Volunteer, USC Dornslife Day of SCervice at LAC + USC Medical Center (March 2017)
- Volunteer/Mentor, The Loyola Alumni Mentorship Program (LAMP) (2016-present)
- Judge, USC Marshall School, Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, New Venture Seed Competition, 2017 (March 2017)
- Volunteer, Living through Giving Foundation and Hashtaglunchbag.org (November 2016)
- Board Director, including Vice President, Park Homes & Lofts/PH&L in Playa Vista, CA (June 2013 - July 2017; December 2018 - November 2019)
- Board Director, including Vice President, Secretary, Park Homes & Lofts/PH&L in Playa Vista, CA (June 2013 – July 2017; December 2018-present) )
- Member, ConnectSC USC Student Affairs; Resource for USC Career Center and USC Alumni Association, helping launch careers or make career transitions (2012 - present)
- Judge, USC Marshall School, Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, New Venture Seed Competition, 2016 (March 2016)
- Volunteer, USC Day of SCervice at My Friend’s Place, which assists and inspires homeless youth to build self-sufficient lives (March 2016)
- Volunteer, CanJam Volunteer Day at LA Regional Food Bank, with ThinkLA (October 2015)
- Volunteer, Special Olympics World Games, “Health Athletes,” Los Angeles, (July 2015)
- Judge (Tasting and Recipe), Oxnard Salsa Festival/Salsa Recipe Contest, presented by Oxnard Downtowners (July 2015)
- Team Captain, Day of Service for Loyola High School, 150 Sites Day (at Homeboy Industries), part of Sesquicentennial Events and Volunteerism (April 11, 2015)
- Volunteer, USC Day of SCervice for InterSorority Parents Council supporting the Neighborhood Academic Initiative (NAI) at the USC Community House (March 2015).
- Contributor/Participant/Volunteer/Research Participant in USC’s School of Gerontology’s “Words and Images” Study (2013-2014)
- Volunteer, USC Day of SCervice at Richstone Family Center dedicated to preventing/treating child abuse, preventing violence in families, schools and communities (2014)
- Volunteer/Research Participant in, USC School of Psychology’s “Bottom-Up and Top-Down Interactions Between Emotion and Cognitive Control” Study (2014)
- Presenter/Contributor/Judge/Interviewer for Foshay Tech Academy, including Internship Day and Hour of Code Tech Fair, at Foshay Learning Center/Foshay High School, Los Angeles (2013 to present)
- Volunteer, USC Second Decade Society, Day of SCervice (2013)
- Volunteer, ThinkLA Save the Surf/Protect the Beaches (May 2013)
- Board Director/V.P., WHPOA, Westwood Hills Homeowners Association (2003 - 2013)
- Creator and Founding Member of Annual Westwood Hills’ Cashmere, Tilden and Montana (with Greenfield and Denslow) Block Party (2002 - 2013)
- Member, UCLA Anderson Economic Forecast in Partnership with the Center of Global Management/ CIBER, (2009 - present)
- Volunteer, USC Alumni Day of SCervice, “CFY’s “Powering a New Generation of Learning; Computers for Kids” program, in conjunction with USC Friends and Neighbors SCervice Day (2012)
- Volunteer, Project Angel Food, Thanksgiving (2010, 2011 and 2012)
- Volunteer/Contributor/Participant, Gorilla Trekking Certificate in the Cause of the Critically Endangered Mountain Gorillas in Rwanda, 2012
- Judge, ThinkLA Interactive Awards/Advertising Competition (2011)
- Volunteer, Heal the Bay (part of USC Westside Alumni Group activities) (August 2011)
- Volunteer, ThinkLA Presents “CREATIVELA” (2011)
- Committee Member, University of Southern California (USC) Class of 1971, 40th Reunion Program and Weekend Activities (2011)
- DMEF (Direct Marketing Educational Foundation), Professors Academy, with University of Southern California and CSUN (California State University, Northridge (2007-2008)
- Chair, 50th Anniversary Celebration of Westwood Hills (WHPOA) at W Hotel (September 14, 2008)
- Board Director - Advertising Club of Los Angeles (1983 to 2006), member since 1975 and continuing; Ad Club evolved into ThinkLA, member (2006 - present); included Belding Awards volunteer, Nominating Committee volunteer and Program Committee volunteer
- Chairman, Advertising Club of Los Angeles, Summer Internship Program, plus helped create Minority Advertising Training (MAT) Program (1983 - 2006)
- Member, ThinkLA, evolved from Advertising Club of Los Angeles (2006 - present)
- Non-Profits in the 90’s PIRATES (Public Service Directors) Presenter: “Where the Community Meets the Media: There’s Always Been a Part of Public Service in My Blood.” (June 1990)
- Media Captain, Partnership for a Drug Free America (1985-1986)
- Advisory Board of Directors, California Special Olympics (1980-1984)
- Volunteer, After school tutoring, learning programs to the youth at Avalon-Carver Community Center and other locations; USC’s Internship Program for fifth and sixth graders in basic skills (reading, math and other subjects) (1967-1971)
- Beta Gamma Sigma, International, Lifetime member (1970-present)